Why we’re Different
Entrepreneurial Resources differentiates itself from other management and financial consulting organizations in the following ways:
1. Entrepreneurs normally start their companies with aspirations of one day being wealthy and controlling their destiny; but as businesses grow and organizations become more complex, every business hits plateaus where they have difficulty breaking through to the next level. The immediate need to generate short-term income, the difficulty everyone has letting go of activities they enjoy and do well and the pursuit of opportunities tangential to the core business often conspire to create confusion within the company and its customer base. Resources become diluted. Budgets, cost allocations, and misaligned incentive programs create debilitating internal focus and tension. The list seems endless.
2. Entrepreneurial Resources is unique among management and financial consulting firms because we have only a first team of partners capable of taking a strategic view of a company’s situation and possessing a passion for achieving successful results by rolling up their sleeves and making things happen. There are no junior associates.
3. One can’t build value in a company by focusing solely on one aspect of the business. It takes a broader view, which only comes with years of experience and which all ER’s partners possess.
4. To create value and build wealth, ER delivers the key strategic measures: management, leadership, organization, systems, technology, capital, financing, sales and marketing, and high value-added products and services intermixed with a generous portion of customer focus. Creating a balance among these various ingredients is part of the ER methodology.
5. Most entrepreneurially run businesses have four or five fundamental functions or competencies that, when properly fostered, will create a sustainable competitive advantage. Starting with some basic analysis and dialogue with management, ER identifies these drivers and evaluates the human and economic resources necessary to move these variables forward in a coordinated, profitable manner.
6. Leadership, management, systems, sales and finance are the core competencies to break through these growth constraints. ER helps companies build these resources in innovative and creative ways.
7. Our clients don’t pay for a team of junior consultants consultants that deliver a Power Point presentation and leave. ER partners stay with the client through implementation of solutions and beyond in a very flexible contractual arrangement that is both economical and effective. Management systems and programs are developed, fostered and integrated in the company’s DNA. The client’s staff is trained, upgraded or enhanced, not ours.
8. Whether Entrepreneurial Resources is called upon to address broad management or financial issues or more specific needs such as refinancing a capital structure, pre- or post-M&A work, ERP systems, compensation programs, or crisis management, an ER partner always will bring strategic perspective to an assignment and then support it with the viewpoints of his/her partners. The ability to draw on the diverse experience and intellectual resources of all the ER partners helps insure that we bring fresh and diverse perspectives to issues facing our clients.
"Bob DeGarmo and his partners helped us evaluate the situation, document and institute new procedures, and train our personnel."